Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Why Muslims Should Support Intelligent Design

Why Muslims Should Support Intelligent Design
(Islam Online)
Muslims should also note the great similarity between the arguments of the Intelligent Design Movement and Islamic sources. Hundreds of verses in the Qur’an call people to examine the natural world and see in it the evidence of God. Great Islamic scholars like Ghazali wrote large volumes about design in animals, plants, and the human body. What Intelligent Design theorists like Behe or Dembski do today is to refine the same argument with the findings of modern science.

In short, Intelligent Design is not alien to Islam. It is very much our cause, and we should do everything we can to support it.

A bit old, but still funny.

Well, if it ain’t the “God of the Bible or Yoda or Yahweh,” what are you left with? It’s obvious. No, not Him.

Besides, the flagella(tion) has always been a common theme.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you ever saw this: Octopus/Inteligent Design. Makes perfect sense to me. I've been taking sardines to the giant red octopus at the aquarium asking him to remember to put in a good word for me when the day comes.

Mujib said...

I hadn't. Wow, it makes more sense than I'd care to admit. Since I can't find a local deity to supplicate, I'd much appreciate if you could throw in a few crustaceans on my behalf, to the Almighty Devilfish. (See how it all fits together?)